James Island Outreach (JIO) has one part-time employee. All other work is performed by volunteers. Please consider helping others through your service as a volunteer with James Island Outreach. Many churches have one or more volunteer teams that operate JIO on specific days. If you are a member of one of our supporting churches, please contact your church office or pastor. Or you can complete and submit the web form below. Affiliation with a church is not required to volunteer.
- greeting and registering clients
- preparation of client food bags
- food inventory maintenance
- stocking the food pantry
- general housekeeping of the Outreach
- record keeping of operating temperatures of our refrigerators and freezers
- picking up donations in the community and delivering them to the Outreach
- breaking down boxes and assisting with our recycling efforts
- and more!
Ready to Make a Difference?
Call 843-762-3653, e-mail, or use the web form below.