James Island Outreach (JIO) has three part-time employees. All other work is performed by volunteers. Please consider helping others through your service as a volunteer with James Island Outreach. Affiliation with a church is not required to volunteer.
- Assisting with food distribution Saturday mornings 9:00 am – 11:30 am
- Breaking down boxes and assisting with our recycling efforts
- Charity Tracker Agent (additional training with United Way is required)
- Drivers for food-rescue program
- Picking up donations in the community and delivering them to JIO
- Stocking the food pantry
- and more!
All volunteers are required to attend a one-hour Volunteer Training Session before volunteering. Due to Covid-19, training sessions have been suspended until further notice.
Drivers for Food Rescue Program
We have a current need for a few additional drivers in food-rescue program (grocery-store pick-ups). We have a new partnership with Food Lion on Johns Island just over the Maybank bridge and it is a heavy haul—sometimes as much as 500+ pounds. Drivers may use their personal vehicle or the JIO truck. If you have friends in your network who are looking to get involved in the community, please share this need. If you are interested in serving as a stock room and food rescue volunteer, please visit: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040c4fa4a92fa4fe3-james
Ready to Make a Difference?
Please e-mail JIO or submit the web form below.